Anyone else have tried the Mediterranean diet?

I’m going to start this diet asap!!! Aside from helping you lose weight, it also helps with your memory. Plant foods are our new bestfriend! Not only is it healthy for our body, they say. It’s also good for our brain function. This diet slows down cognitive decline which is beneficial to certain age groups.

Anyone who knows if it’s hard to maintain or if anybody had side effects from this diet? Like, do you get dizzy at all from the lack of carbs or meat?

Frontiers. "Want a better memory? Try eating a Mediterranean diet:
Eating a Mediterranean diet can slow down cognitive decline."
ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 9 August 2016.
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160809145258.htm

4 Likes

my mom already tried this diet. isnt this the same as eating fatty foods? this diet isnt calorie restricted so she eats whenever she wants… the oil from the nuts, fish and olive oil is almost the same as eating meat and other oily foods. and yes, vegetables have oil too if you didnt know yet.

Med diet emphasizes whole grains, fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts. But that doesn’t mean that these are all fatty. Veggies naturally contain vegetable oils but they are the healthy kind of fats (which helps in preventing heart diseases and even cancer). These are still healthier compared to the one found in processed meat and products.

As for OP, I have a friend at the office that already tried this. The diet is not a structured diet so you get to decide what you eat. So far, I haven’t heard her complain with anything yet. It’s quite pricey though (the greens). You also need to eat fish and seafood at least a couple of times a week. Eggs and dairy products should be enjoyed in moderation while sweets and red meat are reserved for special occasions only.

2 Likes

sounds interesting. i want to try!

Here’s a good read! there’s new research about the topic and this diet not only helps you lose weight, but also takes care of your cardio health.

1 Like

This is a high praised diet from what I know. I didn’t try it because I’m not a fan of veggies and I don’t know how to cook fish. However, I’ve been to Greece last year and I ordered a salad which, to my surprise, had a lot of honey on top of it. Besides being a weird combination, I don’t think that’s recommended in diets, is it?

Well, you didn’t ask for a dietary salad then, @MerePadurete. The main idea of the Mediterranean diet is to replace what foods you regularly eat with foods that are actually healthy.

This looks so good!